Community Educator Volunteer - Glenn County (California)
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences.
- Key Activities:
Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association evidence-based consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community. ·
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts.
Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer's
Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
To apply to become a Community Educator, visit volunteer.alz.org.
About Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95131, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision, A world without Alzheimer's disease.
We provide programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in the San Francisco Bay Area affected by Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer's Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
At the Alzheimer's Association, diversity and inclusion are vital to our mission. The Association leads strategic initiatives to support diversity and a culture of inclusivity. These strategic initiatives also strengthen outreach to all populations, providing communities with resources and support to address the Alzheimer’s crisis. By partnering with organizations locally and nationally to advance diversity and inclusion, the Association can broaden its reach in all communities.
Multiple locations Willows, CA 95988
November 28, 2021
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 4 hours per month