2 people are interested
Brave Step Organization Development Intern
2 people are interested
The organization development intern role is a diverse role with a variety of touchpoints within and outside of our organization. The position best benefits a bold thinker with the ability to tackle multiple projects, a willingness to learn, and an interest in rolling up his/her/their sleeves. It is a virtual position that requires a person to take initiative.
The following is an illustrative and not exhaustive list of required or desired qualifications, and general responsibilities.
- Brainstorm solutions to our challenges and provide research to back the proposed solutions.
- Desire to take on administrative duties.
- Strong writing and editing capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with the Brave Step team on program ideation and completion.
- Assist the Brave Step team with group logistics and partner outreach for the Loved Ones program.
- Assist with planning and executing Changemaker program activities and trainings.
- Research existing and relevant sources of content applicable to the Changemaker program. Obtain permissions to utilize content.
Marketing and Community Engagement
- Community outreach to specific groups to share Brave Step’s mission and programs that are relevant to that target community.
- Work with the team to develop and design a new Brave Step brochure.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing communication materials, newsletter, updating website content and social media, as needed.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
- College courses in business, leadership/management, communications, marketing, journalism, or the equivalent thereof.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission and vision of Brave Step.
- Self-starter, with the ability to take on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong writing skills are required, specifically business writing skills (grammar, professional copy, and correspondence). A strong candidate will provide writing samples.
- Demonstrate excellent research, oral communication, and organization skills.
- Requires a global, creative problem solver that has excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to accept and implement change.
- Attention to detail and organization a necessity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive collaborative relationship, internally and externally.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and coordinate with the team.
Internship position. No compensation available.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BRAVE STEP INC
970 STAFFORD FARM RD, CONCORD, NC 28025, US
Brave Step empowers individuals who have been impacted by sexual abuse. To shape a strong, supportive community, we: • Provide personalized services that help adults impacted by sexual abuse reclaim the life they deserve; • Foster brave public conversations about sexual abuse; and • Cultivate courageous changemakers.
Brave Step equips adult survivors, loved ones and the community with the skills and understanding to shape a strong, supportive community.
How do we do that? In a number of ways:
- Adult Survivor Care: Adult survivors deserve to lead their best life, one that is not defined by or limited by past abuse. To help survivors reclaim the life they deserve, Brave Step presents a multi-faceted healing model that includes individual counseling, group therapy, peer-led support groups, empowerment programs, and ways to find one’s voice.
- Care for Loved Ones: We believe that educating and supporting the loved ones of a survivor is a critical component to giving survivors the best possible chance to heal. We offer therapeutic interventions for loved ones and a supportive, understanding place to process their emotions.
- Community Education: Fostering brave public conversations about sexual abuse must be at the heart of what we do. It is our responsibility to inform the community on the impact of sexual abuse, preventative measures to take and how we can collectively fight this pervasive issue.
- Changemakers: By harnessing the passion and courage of survivors, loved ones and the community, Brave Step nurtures the skills, understanding and strength to become a changemaker on this pervasive issue. We curate, educate and activate through training curriculums, policy education, storytelling, survivor advocacy and more.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Estimated Time Commitment 20-30 hours a month, with flexible scheduling to accommodate academic requirements, for the duration of one full academic semester or term.