DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Development Intern - Spring 2022 - stipend position
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
This stipend eligible position is for the January - May 2022 time frame. Includes a $1000 stipend paid in May. Reporting to the Development Services Associate, this position supports development functions with preparation of donor materials, requests, stewardship, special event coordination and administrative support. Assists with soliciting, tracking and acknowledging individual & corporate sponsors for The Arc Gala (Saturday, March 5th, 2022).
Responsibilities, General (75%):
- Prepares background materials and research for staff meetings with donors
- Collaborates with the marketing interns to research and implement an online strategy for the GiveMN Campaign (Give-to-the-Max Day)
- Learns database management and assists in data analysis, import projects, and reporting
- Conducts stewardship, gift & pledge follow up, communication, maintenance, and acknowledgement
- Enters pledges, gifts, and donor information from incoming payments into our database for accounting approval
- Assists with special projects and administrative tasks as requested
Responsibilities, Gala (25%)
- Supports staff and Event Planning interns to complete a variety of tasks
- Assist Arc staff in overseeing volunteers during the set up and break down of the silent auction
- Ensure all commitments and payments are properly acknowledge
- Assist in auction package writing, promotion, photography, packing and transport of auction materials, and set up and breakdown of the auction at the Gala
- Understand and communicate overall vision of the Gala to guests, volunteers and intern
- Database updates related to Gala; i.e., sponsor records, auction donations and contact info as requested
- Assist with Gala duties day/night of event; assist with post-Gala activities
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Includes $1000 stipend payable in May or utilization of work study if eligible
- Will understand the complex day-to-day roles of a nonprofit, especially how nonprofits raise funds and how nonprofits engage the community through special events
- Will learn to use Salesforce, a Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, which is an essential technological tool used by many businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies
- Will participate in all aspects of stewardship: solicitation, donation processing, data management, & acknowledgment
- Will learn detail-oriented data tracking for both donations and event attendance
- Will learn professionalism: intrapersonal relationships, administrative skills, phone and email communication
- Will participate in planning all aspects of a 600+ person event that raises over $700,000
- Good written, oral communications and interpersonal skills needed; attention to detail/accuracy a must
- Works well with others and autonomously. Respects all cultures, people and work styles
- Reliable, flexible, detail oriented and open to feedback
- Outstanding organizational, time management, problem solving skills required; along with proficient computer skills
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
Timeline:January 2022-May 2022 at 10-12 hours a week. Must be available all day and night Saturday March 5th, 2022 for The Arc Gala. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and recommendations for improvement.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
About The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave W, Suite 110, Saint Paul, MN 55114, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota changes attitutdes, changes policies, and changes lives. The Arc Minnesota does this by providing individuals and families information and assistance around disability rights, laws and services. The Arc also provides workshops, support groups, counseling, individual and systems advocacy from birth throughout the lifespan.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Orientation or Training