1 person is interested
Order Ahead Attendant
1 person is interested
There are two (2) positions you may be assigned when volunteering for this opportunity.
- Order Processing - This position is responsible for verifying the pick-up log and that all orders are packed, collecting the order when the neighbor arrives, and placing the order in their vehicle.
- Greeter - This position is responsible for answering calls from neighbors upon arrival, verifying their order number and vehicle description, notifying the volunteer handling order processing, and communicating to the neighbor when their order is ready.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteers are responsible for greeting program participants and fulfilling orders for pick-up.
- It is very important that the pick-up log is followed and that orders are filled correctly and promptly.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Standing for long periods of time and some lifting is involved with this position.
- Attention to detail is necessary to ensure all orders are packed properly.
Orientation and Training
Volunteers will receive on-the-job training for this position. Please wear comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes.
11:00 AM to 04:00 PM
This shift will always start at 11am, however, the shift may end earlier than posted.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank
3631 Lee Hill Drive, P.O. Box 1006, Fredericksburg, VA 22408, US
The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank's mission is to feed the hungry through a community-wide network of partner agencies and engage our community in the fight to end hunger.
The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank helps to provide nutritious food to over 31,000 people through our network of 152 community partners operating more than 260 food assistance programs. In 2019, the Food Bank collected and distributed over 4.2 million pounds of food and other grocery products; the equivalent of over 3.3 million meals provided to those in need.
Visit our website at www.fredfood.org to register as a volunteer and sign up for our opportunities.
3631 Lee Hill DrFredericksburg, VA 22408
November 15, 2021
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 11am - 4pm, Mon. - Fri.
- Some lifting involved