Working for Parents, Inc. is an intermediary, start-up, 501c3 non-profit organization concentrating on societal and structural issues affecting parents. One of the most prominent issues being parenting and the workplace. Working for Parents functions to eradicate this situation by referring educational and supportive services to parents, partnering with businesses, and working with policymakers. Fairness and Flexibility for Parents are key!Position
The Board will support the work of Working for Parents, Inc. and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Working for Parents, Inc. Founding CEO, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements Working for Parents, Inc. strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Working for Parents, Inc. for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving Working for Parents, Inc. annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Working for Parents, Inc. to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Working for Parents, Inc. commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Working for Parents, Inc. serves
Working for Parents, Inc. Board Members will consider Working for Parents, Inc. a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Working for Parents, Inc. can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals.
Working for Parents, Inc. Board Members will serve a one to a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Working for Parents, Inc.’s mission. Selected Board Members will have networks within the business, government, philanthropy, social services, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant or close network/relationship within the business, government, philanthropy, social services, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Working for Parents, Inc.’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Working for Parents, Inc.’s beneficiaries
Service on Working for Parents Board of Directors is without remuneration. This is solely a volunteer opportunity. As the organization grows there will be an opportunity for board members to receive compensation through administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
About WORKING FOR PARENTS
PO BOX 803, CROTON FALLS, NY 10519, US
Working for Parents, Inc. is an intermediary, start-up, 501c3 non-profit organization concentrating on societal and structural issues affecting parents. Working for Parents functions to eradicate these issues by referring educational and supportive services to parents, partnering with businesses, and working with policymakers.
Working for Parents, Inc. is an intermediary, start-up, 501c3 non-profit organization
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- 1 year