1 person is interested
Digital Challenge Champion - Facebook Challenges
1 person is interested
Would you love to find out more about digital fundraising for a UK wide charity as part of a community of amazing volunteers? Are you comfortable using a computer and keen on communicating via social media? Then we want to hear from you as we have the perfect volunteer role for you!
Facebook Challenges are some of the most exciting events you can get involved with right now. You’ll be joining a community of volunteers as a key part of our fundraising team digitally supporting thousands of participants via a Facebook Group. You’ll be carrying out a wide range of activities from posting regular updates in the group, to creating exciting and motivating content for participants, and cheerleading to create an amazing group atmosphere. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic to get stuck in and motivated to make our Facebook Challenges truly memorable and raising life-changing funds. You won’t be required to volunteer for every challenge, but we will inform you when a new challenge is on the horizon and you can let us know if you’re available and keen to get involved.
What will you be doing?
- Getting to know and understand Young Lives vs Cancer’s identity and what we do as a charity, and using this knowledge to inspire thousands of fantastic fundraisers
- Using your social media skills to build positive relationships with participants and to coach them to hit and exceed fundraising targets
- Creating exciting and innovative content for the group, leading on the area which most appeals to you, whether that’s fitness, fundraising or storytelling
- Monitoring the group for stand out content and flag this to the lead
- Providing regular feedback to the volunteer manager to review how the challenge has gone and putting forward suggestions on how we can improve
You will be a whizz with social media and enjoy communicating with a wide range of people, be organised and committed and be comfortable performing tasks independently with the full support of an enthusiastic team.
You’ll get so much enjoyment from doing this role, connecting online with a whole community of people just as dedicated as you are to making sure we can be there for children and young people with cancer.
This is a remote based role - you will be volunteering on a rota over weekdays, evenings and weekends and we ask for a commitment of 6-12 hours per week when you are actively volunteering. We will be able to be flexible to enable you to meet other commitments.
We will provide full training in the role and the support of a dedicated Volunteer Manager.
About Young Lives vs Cancer
No. 1 Farriers Yard Assembly London, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JA, GB
Young Lives vs Cancer helps families find the strength to face everything cancer throws at them. We’ve been there before. We’ll face it all, together.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family.
At a time when they should be busy being children, enjoying their rollercoaster teenage years or finding their feet at uni, life becomes full of fear. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, of overwhelming money worries, mental health stretched to breaking point, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we get that. We are the charity that helps children and young people (0-25) and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them.
We know everyone's different, so we work hard to make sure each family has what they need to get through cancer. Children and young people with cancer deserve the same opportunities as anyone else. We’ll always have their back, because we’ve been there before.
Powered by the kindness of our supporters, we’ll face it all together .
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This is a remote based role – you will be volunteering on a rota over weekdays, evenings and weekends and we ask for a commitment of 6-12 hours per week when you are actively volunteering. Flexible to enable you to meet other commitments.
- Volunteers should be UK based. For further information see our website https://www.younglivesvscancer.org.uk/join-our-fight/get-volunteering/from-your-home/