Title: Grant Writers
Hours Required: 5 hours weekly
This is a volunteer position. This person will seek out and apply for grants to raise funds for the Rescue. This person will report to the Director of Fundraising.
Key Results Area #1 - Seek grant opportunities
- Search for suitable grants that satisfy the needs and mission of the rescue
- Write and edit project proposals and letters of inquiry
- Form and maintain positive relationships with a broad number of private donors, corporations, and foundations
- Submit evaluations to funders assessing the progress and sustainability of a project
Key Results Area #2 - Organization
- Track progress of grants written and follow-up
- Communicate any issues to the Director of Fundraising
- Be proactive and self motivated
- Be willing to work on a team and take constructive feedback
About PATH OF HOPE RESCUE
311 E RICH AVE, SPOKANE, WA 99207, US
Our mission is to decrease the euthanasia of high risk dogs in the Southern United States by transporting pregnant dogs and puppies to the Pacific Northwest to find adoptive homes.
Path of Hope Rescue exists to rescue pregnant dogs and puppies under six months old. Since its creation in 2018, Path of Hope Rescue has helped over 1,000 moms and pups find their forever homes. While we believe in saving every dog conceived, we focus on puppies and pregnant mamas from shelters with high euthanasia rates in the Southern United States. We spay and neuter every single dog we rescue to ensure that we do not contribute to the massive overpopulation that results in thousands of dogs euthanized every year across the country. We set them up for the best possible life by careful screening of adoptive homes, continuing education, resources and training incentives to keep dogs in the home--FOREVER. We are a foster based rescue and therefore do not have a kennel location to visit.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 14, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours weekly