Holiday Decoration Removal at The Actors Theatre Workshop
Holiday Decoration Removal: Saturday, January 8th, 2022 (11:00am - 4:00pm)
Help us remove holiday decorations and beautify The Actors Theatre Workshop (ATW) after having held a successful Holiday Party and Class for NYC Homeless Children in December 2021.
- Remove and safely store Christmas lights and decorations around our lobby, hallways, studios and theater. This requires moving furniture and boxes to make space.
- Breakdown the Christmas trees.
- Do light cleaning - sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning windows and other surfaces, picking up and disposing of odd-shaped or odd-textured items that cannot be swept or vacuumed. Cleaning products used: Windex, Dirtex, Pine-Sol, Endust/Pledge, Goo Gone and other similar products with different brand names.
- Light lifting and climbing on a ladder or step stool is required for much of this work. We have 10’ ceilings and therefore use 6’ - 8’ ladders to hang decorations.
Other possible tasks:
- For volunteers comfortable using hand saws and tools: breakdown of the tree and small repairs once the decorations have been removed.
- Organizing on-site equipment and supplies, including light lifting.
- Inventory of supplies for future children’s programs.
Other important info:
- Volunteers must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination in advance. Masks will be worn.
- We will be videotaping and photographing for our archives, and will distribute Video Releases upon arrival.
- Participants must dress comfortably: sneakers / flat shoes and clothes they can move around in.
- Rooms may become crowded.
- Participants should arrive at 11am and stay for the whole event, until 4pm. Please do not sign up if you cannot stay for the whole time.
- Participants with fir or pine tree pollen allergies should take allergy medication before arriving.
- Please bring a can-do attitude to complete the work for the day!
About The Actors Theatre Workshop
145 West 28th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10001, US
ATW's mission is to teach individuals from all walks of life original creative techniques that provides them with the tools to change and to create new, original theatre that examines the conflicts that have emerged form today's cultural mix and creates hope for the fulfillment in the human experience.
Founded over two decades ago, the Actors Theatre Workshop is an established pioneer in non-profit theatre that produces classical and contemporary plays, develops new dramatic works, trains and develops actors, directors and writers while making a difference in the lives of at-risk youth and the community at large. Thurman E. Scott, ATW's artistic director, Executive Producer and Founder, is a widely acknowledged expert of artistic project development, an innovator of award-winning arts curriculums and programs for proffessional artistic training, and has a long and successful history of public service to culturaly under-served communities.
145 West 28th Street3rd FloorNew York, NY 10001
November 13, 2021