4 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: BLACK - Building Leadership And Community Knowledge
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
● Responsible for leading the Core Team in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
● Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
● Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
● Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
● Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support BLACK’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
● Responsible for the implementation of BLACK’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
● Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that BLACK can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
● Responsible for the enhancement of BLACK’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
● Responsible for the effective administration of BLACK's operations.
● Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
● Responsible with the Director of Operations for signing notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
● A bachelor’s degree
● Transparent and high integrity leadership
● Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
● Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
● Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
● Ability to convey a vision of BLACK’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
● Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
● Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
● Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
● Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of the annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as BLACK’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance BLACK’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Director of Operations PresidentFounder & Chairman of the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Oversee organization committee meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
About BLACK - Building Leadership And Community Knowledge
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
Building Leadership And Community Knowledge (BLACK)
Building Leadership And Community Knowledge (BLACK) is for African Descendants of Slaves (ADOS) who share the common goal of improving the quality of life among Blacks.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 28, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week
- Orientation & Training - Previous NFP Operations Experience