Event Committee Members
The Events Committee is a standing committee with the goals of ensuring the visibility of the organization to the public in multiple formats. Membership of the Events Committee is reviewed by the President. The Events Committee Chair, Committee Members, and the Executive Director will work together to determine committee needs and will brainstorm new and potential committee members.
Events Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the committee
- Facilitate communication and discussion during the meetings
- Serve as spokesperson within the organization for the committee
- Facilitate the meeting according to the agenda
- Create the agenda in partnership with staff support
- Provide research as needed for the committee
- Send out meeting reminders and agendas
- Take minutes during the meeting and create the monthly committee report for Board meetings
- Stay in regular communication with the Executive Director/President
- Bring the viewpoint of the Board of Directors to the committee discussion
- Bring action items and recommendations from the Committee to the Executive Director/President when necessary.
- Report Board decision back to the committee.
- Find, create and implement events throughout the County and the Region that help to spread our message of pledging to make a difference! Also providing educational events for students and families.
- The Events Committee will provide written reports to the full Board of Directors of any actions taken, meetings held or discussions that have occurred.
- With support from staff/volunteers, annually submit objectives and a work plan for the committee as part of the planning and budgeting process.
- With support from staff/volunteers, annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the Executive Director.
- The committee will meet at least 6 times each year either in person or via conference call.
- Develop and recommend to the Board of Directors policies and procedures governing the fundraising programs and events to be offered by Step’s Foundation, Inc to the public.
- Provide guidance and consultation in setting priorities for fundraising programs and events.
- Establish policies and guidelines to assist in setting the fees to be charged for events offered by Step’s Foundation, Inc.
- Establish policies and guidelines within which the Executive Director/President or authorized committee members are authorized to enter collaborative arrangements with other organizations and providers of services for fundraising goals.
- Suggest, plan and execute fundraising activities as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and execute events sponsored by Step’s Foundation, Inc or sponsored by other entities which Step’s Foundation, Inc attends.
- Ensure that the Step’s Foundation, Inc
- Has in place an event evaluation process that measures the extent to which Step’s Foundation, Inc is achieving its mission.
- Regularly uses the evaluation data to inform and continuously improve Step’s Foundation, Inc events.
Committee Members Responsibilities:
- Serves in an advisory role to guide the committee
- Expresses ideas and provides input
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing to the discussion, brainstorming, and sharing innovative ideas
- Reviews material and provide input for improvement
- Serves as internal/external linkages for Step’s Foundation, Inc to open doors to further the organization’s mission and vision.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the committee work plan
About STEPS FOUNDATION
PO Box 700625, SAINT CLOUD, FL 34770, US
Our mission at STEPS Foundation, Inc is to empower and improve the quality of life for each individual we meet. We do that through providing life skills workshops, retreats, community networking, and providing scholarships for high school seniors.
We provide family engagement, empowerment, youth development and youth leadership opportunities for students. Our foundation started in December 2019, and since then we have combined our efforts with multiple community partners whose mission aligns with ours to help create change within our community. We want to help families engage in healthy conversations, especially when it comes to tough topics, we want students to be prepared for life after high school so that they can be efficient, we want to engage students in leadership opportunities where they can teach their peers things that they learn and also learn how to advocate for causes that are near and dear to them. We provide career development skills and opportunities for parents, college students, and high school students.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 12, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month