1 person is interested
Volunteer Curriculum Developer Manager (Remote)
1 person is interested
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
Save the Water(tm) (STW(tm)) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization dedicated to solving the world water crisis through excellence in water science research and by forming alliances with organizations, scientists, universities, media, businesses, and governments around the world to promote awareness of water contamination issues.
A passion for water. STW(tm) associates must have an understanding of the value and role that water plays in the quality of life of all living things on the planet.
Volunteering with STW(tm) is different from other volunteer experiences as we work in an almost 100% online environment. Save the Water(tm) is run like a business and we rely heavily on frequent email communications, meetings held via google hangouts, and collaboration on projects via google drive. Volunteers are held to high standards and deliverable due dates.
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
The Curriculum Developer supports the Education Group by managing a team of volunteers in the area of water awareness material by editing and approving all curriculum content for our website.
What you will be responsible for...
- Create curriculum that supports Save the Water(tm)’s mission and educates the public about water quality issues.
- Ensure curriculum is aligned with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) or equivalent.
- Review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials.
- Recommend teaching techniques and the use of different or new teaching and learning technologies.
- Lead and manage on average 2-3 volunteers within the Education group, holding them accountable for their work.
- Edit and approve all curriculum content for our website
- Plan and conduct regular water awareness materials team meetings (virtual), including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up.
- Attend to regular other group/team meetings as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leader in the Water Education Materials team.
- Increasing SEO of our website using keywords as developed by our Web Analysts.
- Should be able to attend meetings as scheduled in EST timezone.
Apply Now if you have...
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Strong ability to self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively. Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information clearly and concisely. .
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Committed to attending to team meetings. Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress)in Education, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, or similar, with experience in research methods (APA style) and data analysis such as natural and environmental science or other related fields. Equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered.
- Work experience as a teacher preferably middle school or high school level, curriculum designer, or instructional designer
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Subject matter expert in Science, Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry preferred.
- Research methodologies, writing, project management (preferred).
- Minimum one year of applied experience in research and/or evaluation through school or professional work, preferably in an academic environment. Experience in coordinating research projects preferred.
- Education and/or work experience with online learning environments, Learning Management Software, game design, etc.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 12, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Project Leader, you are required to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- Project Leaders must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.