1 person is interested
Volunteer Community and Outreach Officer (Remote)
1 person is interested
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop your career in building community engagement and partnerships in the field of education and water research. You will promote the development of education partnerships for our education and learning programs. You will work with a highly engaged team of professionals in education, science, public health and management. We look forward to hearing from you shortly!
We are looking for someone equipped with a positive attitude that is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to join our team with a readiness to be a team player as a Community Outreach Officer.
Reporting to the Community Engagement and Development Manager, the Community Outreach officer will support the development and promotion of community learning programs with the objective to increase literacy on water issues surrounding complex policies and recent events.
He/she will represent the organization and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase exposure within the surrounding community on behalf of STW(tm). He/she will maintain all community outreach activities, work closely with the multiple groups across the organization, and Subject Matter Experts in the Education field to develop programs, execute initiatives, and support public awareness of STW(tm)’s education programs and funding campaigns.
This role reports to the Community Engagement and Development Manager.
What you will be responsible for...
- Maintain a schedule of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other public relation opportunities.
- Support programs including policy research, grant writing for building and cultivating community, donor, and partnership relations.
- Collaborate with the Development Group to create or ensure the quality of stewardship materials for existing and future donors and patrons.
- Build and maintain an annual budget for all community outreach initiatives.
- Promote new and strengthen existing collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Brings in new ideas and works collaboratively with key industry stakeholders, and to support the development and deployment of community learning programs and initiatives.
- Ensure all communication made on behalf of the Education Group and STW(tm) with partners and communities is professional and aligned with STW(tm)’s goals and objectives, standards of quality and style.
- Participate in the development of metrics and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan.
- Support the community outreach development progress that aligns with Save the Water’s mission in education about water issues and its health impacts.
- Research and recommend best practices in community engagement and development.
- Work collaboratively with the team members in the Education Group.
- Attend virtual meetings in EST timezone (GMT -4:00) and respond to emails within 36 hours.
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Strong ability to self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Proven ability to persuade.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Committed to attending team meetings.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Creative problem solving skills, capacity for innovation.
- Enjoy taking initiative, adaptable, and able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business, education administration, or related fields. Equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered .
- Relevant experience in the development of education community outreach programs.
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Good understanding of community trends to increase exposure to program content.
- Familiar with project management methodologies, tools and life cycles.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Experience managing a team of community development officers.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude and community style.
- Experience in a fundraising or community development capacity within a nonprofit environment.
- Experience with grant writing and proposals.
- Experience coordinating fundraising, and community engagement and development initiatives.
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence.
- Background in Science or Environmental Science
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 12, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, and the Community & Outreach Officer is expected to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Community & Outreach Officer must be willing to attend virtual weekly meetings in EST Timezone as and when required.