Video Production Intern
Video Production Intern
HealthStart’s mission is to provide the blueprints for building healthier communities through children’s health science education. We teach kids how their body works, what it’s made of, and how this relates to what to eat and how to keep their bodies healthy. HealthStart lessons also teach kids that taking care of one another, and our environment builds community health and wellbeing.
HealthStart seeks an intern interested in building a healthier future for our children by creating videos for health science education, social media campaigns, and all other video content used to amplify our message and magnify our impact. Our Video Production Intern will gain experience in film editing, program development, and nonprofit work.
HealthStart seeks a part-time Video Production intern who’s creative, well-organized, has experience with video production, and wants to make concepts come to life. Interns work 12-15 hours per week under the supervision of our Design and Technology Manager. This experience should be highly transferable to jobs involving videography, advertising, and program development.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Create and produce short impact videos and other projects as needed to spread HealthStart’s mission
- Assist HS staff from start to finish on all video-related projects
- Basic video editing on Adobe Premiere including removing green screen, audio and visual touch-ups, audio syncing, and more.
- Use Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects to create illustrations and animations for our Snack Science Video Series as well as other projects.
- Work with HS to develop video concepts and finalize video edits to ensure proper conveyance of HealthStart lessons
- Work with HS staff and other interns on script development
- Other video production-related tasks as assigned
Based on their location, interns may also have the opportunity to:
- Help film new episodes of our Snack Science Video Series
- Use HealthStart’s equipment (ie including ring light, green screen, etc.) and/or your own to produce videos with a high production value
Candidates for the position must have experience with or a strong interest in filming and/or video editing, program development, nonprofit development, or related activity. A strong interest in health and wellness or early childhood education is preferred. Must be familiar with basic computer operations including MS WORD, EXCEL, and the Internet.
In addition, candidates should have some or all of the following skills:
- Experience with video animation and Adobe After Effects software - preferred but not required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (1-2 years+)
- Ability to meet deadlines with little or no daily onsite supervision
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm about making a difference
- Experience filming with iPhone, green screen, and other related equipment - If located in Austin, TX
This is an unpaid internship.
3710 Cedar St #227
Austin, TX 78705
Application Due Date
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if appropriate) on or before November 28th, 2021. Two references required.
Applicants perform their internship tasks remotely and participate in weekly staff meetings.
About HealthStart Foundation
3710 Cedar #227, Austin, TX 78705, US
VISION: HealthStart builds a healthier future for all through early childhood health education. MISSION: HealthStart provides the blueprints for building healthier communities through children’s science-based health education Case For Support Our wellbeing is built on physical health, emotional happiness, safety, and meaningful work or activity. People feel safe when they do not expect either harm or hurt, emotionally or physically. Both physical and emotional health are key aspects of good health and wellbeing. Teaching our children good food and fitness habits and the importance of taking care of each other and their environment sets the foundation for healthy communities. It is HealthStart’s equal focus on all three of these key aspects of good health and wellbeing that truly make our organization unique.
HealthStart empowers kids to create a healthier future for our communities through early health education. Most people know that adult health is strongly correlated to early childhood health, but with roughly one-third of Texas children are overweight or obese. This does not bode well for the health of our communities. HealthStart exists to address this urgent need for programs to help our communities achieve a healthier future. The positive effects of adopting healthy habits young persist for a lifetime. HealthStart considers high-quality early health education as important to children’s future success as learning the ABC’s and 123’s. Our science-based, Health Education for Youngsters! (HEY!) curriculum stimulates kids’ natural curiosity about how their bodies work and about the nutrition and fitness habits needed to be healthy their whole lives. As a result, children become "health change agents," bringing what they learn home and more broadly into their communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 12, 2021
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation Software
- Video Production
- This internship opportunity is a commitment of 12-15 hours per week.