2 people are interested
STEM Youth Development Professional U.S. Dream Academy with AmeriCorps STEM
2 people are interested
Please apply here https://www.indeed.com/job/stem-youth-development-professional-us-dream-academy-americorps-stem-42a85284f292ff7c.
Founded in 1998, U.S. Dream Academy’s vision is to break the cycle of intergenerational incarceration that affects society’s most vulnerable children and youth through an approach that emphasizes skill-building, character-building, and dream building. The organization targets second-grade through high school students and seeks to intervene at critical points in their education before it is too late to provide the necessary support. U.S. Dream Academy has served over 9,000 students to date in neighborhoods that are high risk to include high crime rates, high levels of poverty, and little access to high-quality academic support. The organization currently operates in seven (7) cities including Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA; Houston, TX; Orlando, FL; Indianapolis, IN, and Salt Lake, UT. Due to the widespread demand for its program, U.S. Dream Academy is committed to expanding its reach to serve many more students than it currently serves and recognizes that it will need to build infrastructure and capacity in order to support this future growth. Under the direction of the Center Director, the AmeriCorps member is responsible for assisting with the academic enrichment program, social values building program, as well as various administrative tasks. To perform this job successfully, the AmeriCorps member must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Learn to teach and explain scientific concepts in a fun, relatable manner to youth
- Develop and implement informal STEM education curriculum on a weekly basis
- Run summer learning loss programs specifically in the area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) on a weekly basis
- Attend weekly staff meetings, training sessions, and all-staff meetings as scheduled
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for DreamKids
- Maintain attendance record as required
- Report daily to STEM Coordinator
- Background in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Education, Computer Science or other related majors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of effective guidance and discipline for youth and adults.
- Knowledgeable in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Understanding of group dynamics as well as the U.S. Dream Academy Youth Development Strategies, Mission Statement, Core Beliefs, and Core Characteristics.
- Two-year college degree in STEM-related topics
- Two years related experience in youth service and management
- Passion for youth development
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass Drug Screening
- Be CPR and First Aid certified
- Be able to function for more than 2 hours on your feet
- Be adaptable and flexible to change
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Do you have at least a two-year college degree in STEM-related topics?
- youth service and management: 2 years (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
About U.S Dream Academy
Endeavor Hall Charter School, 2614, West Valley City, UT 84119, US
The U.S. Dream Academy is dedicated to serving under-supported youth who may be struggling academically, have a family with a history of incarceration, or are living in a community with a high rate of crime. We place a high value on mentors, and the contribution our community partners and volunteers play. We also facilitate a number of interns in various programs from universities close by.
The US Dream Academy was established to provide a safe, loving, and constructive after-school learning environment for under supported children and youth.
2614 Decker Lake LnWest Valley City, UT 84119
November 12, 2021
- Library Sciences
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- January 2022- August 2022