Food Service Helper for Hospice of the Western Reserve, Medina
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Volunteer will assist Dietary team member with breakfast/lunch/dinner trayline tear down and dishes clean-up.
- Volunteer will assist Dietary Team Member with cold pull prep for meal trayline.
- Volunteer will assist with trayline serving, following appropriate diet restrictions and portions are being followed per each patient.
- Volunteer will assist with serving guest meals from 12:30pm-1:30pm, following patient lunch trayline.
- Volunteer will assist with trayline tare down and clean up, as well as cleaning and sanitizing all utensils and dishes used during meal service.
- Will assist with clearing and properly cleaning breakfast/lunch/dinner trays and food carts upon return to the kitchen.
- Will put away clean dishes once air dried.
- Will roll silverware or assist with tray set up for the next meal.
- Will assist with proper documentation of dish temp log and sanitizer bucket log.
- Volunteer will assist wh sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor and restocking any items needed for the following day.
- Volunteer will assist with any final clean up needed to properly close the kitchen for the evening.
- Time permitting, selecting an area of the cleaning list to complete properly and thoroughly.
- Volunteer Education and other requirements
- Can be non-clinical support volunteer
- Complete an application form, interview, attend one 3-hour virtual volunteer orientation session
- Receive a criminal background check at agency expense
- Flu shot or medical/religious exemption needed for volunteering Dec. 1, 2021- Mar. 31, 2022 (peak flu season)
- Needed: Daily (you choose the day/time) 7a-9a, 12p-2p, or 4:30p-6p
- Hairnets will be provided & plastic aprons are available as well as gloves
- No dangly earrings, bracelets, or rings other than banded
- Nonskid shoes are required
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
5075 Windfall RdMedina, OH 44256
November 28, 2022
- Cooking / Catering
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Food Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training