9 people are interested
As a Red Cross casework volunteer, you can help people recover from home fires.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. Provide Follow up and Recovery Planning Services, including referrals, for individuals and households following regional events - primarily home fires.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by DAT
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations.
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=60740&h=193&p=1864067
Danielle Dietze, Volunteer Services
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Danville, PA 17821
December 2, 2023
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week