Disaster Recovery Volunteer
Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
2. Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
3. Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
4. Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
5. Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
6. Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
Has the option to work remotely after completing required training
* Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
* Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
* Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
* Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations.
Is able to:
Sit for 2 hour periods.
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3977&h=193&p=592563
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Carbon CountyJim Thorpe, PA 18229
November 29, 2021
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.