Community Outreach Volunteer in Service to the Armed Forces
This is a great volunteer opportunity to help with community outreach for the military community!
- Learn about the community resources available to support the military community and develop/maintain a database with the information.
- Coordinate with the community outreach team to find resources in the community
- Meet with the resource to learn of their program and get the details needed for client referrals
- Ensure that referral information is in a format that is available to caseworkers and others working with clients
- Routinely check that the information is current
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Willing and able to support the Red Cross SAF mission and have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting; enjoys public speaking
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Power Point preferred
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to schedule changes
- Knowledge of Red Cross policy
- Knowledge of military and community resources
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3977&h=193&p=592563
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Lackawanna CountyScranton, PA 18508
December 3, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.