Respond to local fires and disasters
Provide emergency assistance to people affected by a disaster.
- Respond to disaster scenes and other emergencies to offer assistance to those affected by the incident
- Interview and assist individuals and families with their disaster-caused emergency needs
- Operate shelter/evacuation centers, provide mass feeding and distribute relief supplies
- Attend (Virtual/In-Person) training classes on an ongoing basis
When a disaster happens during your on-call shift, you will receive a call from the Emergency Communications Center (Bridge) to see if you’re available to respond.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Willingness to interact with potential clients, often in high-stress situations
Attention to detail
Flexibility to respond to disasters on short notice
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3977&h=193&p=592563
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Sullivan CountyShunk, PA 17768
November 29, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Availability and flexibility for at least 4-6 hours per week
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.