Join our Disaster Action Team and help bring your neighbors comfort during emergencies this holiday.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Unfortunately, many families will experience a fire or other disaster this holiday season. Join our team of holiday heroes, otherwise known as Disaster Action Team members, who provide 24-hour response services to ensure these families have access to food, shelter and clothing when they need it most.Positions
Disaster Action Team (DAT)
- Every day people are forced from their homes due to fires, storms or other disasters. Our Disaster Action Team volunteers respond day and night to meet the immediate needs of their neighbors. Our help may include financial assistance for food, clothing and lodging, emotional support, replacing prescription medications and other critically needed items.
Learn more about this role: https://youtu.be/-yamNDUbsn0. Training is free, but the hope you provide is priceless. Make a difference by turning tragedy into hope. Apply or learn more here.
- DAT Duty Officers are the first and single point of contact from emergency service organizations when the request for assistance is made.
- DAT Duty Officers are the lynchpin that holds a Red Cross disaster response together. DAT Duty Officers receive notification from clients and agencies requesting assistance during a fire, flood, or other disasters. They assess the situation and deploy the most appropriate resources to support efforts such as initial casework and recovery planning, canteen services, sheltering, and disaster assessment.
Many disaster action team volunteers share these life experiences and skills:
- Availability and flexibility for at least 4-6 hours per week
- Empathetic, caring and compassionate
- Comfortable with using technology such as smart phones and laptop
Register and Explore: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=35003&h=193&p=1864067
Here to help!
Danielle Dietze, Volunteer Services
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Sullivan CountyShunk, PA 17768
November 16, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for on-call shifts, we'll work with your schedule.