Mental Health Professional Volunteer - Service to the Armed Forces
Great remote volunteer opportunity if you live in the State of Pennsylvania!
This volunteer would assist to provide Reconnection Workshop modules to military, veterans and their families in various community-based settings.
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
- Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans and their families
- Work under the supervision of Regional Service to the Armed Forces Lead
- Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
- Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
- Record volunteer hours per Red Cross policy
- SAF (Service to the Armed Forces) eligible mental health professional, holding a current and unencumbered license
- Available to mentor and co-teach training with new RW facilitators
- Personal or professional experience working with the military is a plus
- Masters level or above mental health degree
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3977&h=193&p=592563
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Northumberland CountyNorthumberland, PA 17857
November 14, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Facilitate at least 2 workshops per year
- Mental health professional with a current and unencumbered license Available to mentor and co-teach training with new RW facilitators Personal/ professional experience working with the military a plus Masters level/above mental health degree