VITA Tax Season Greeter - No Experience Required!
Home Start is a social services agency dedicated to reducing child abuse and strengthening families in San Diego. We help more than 15,000 clients with services in housing, domestic violence, parenting, behavioral health, emergency assistance, financial counseling and more.
We are seeking friendly, detail-oriented volunteers to help clients navigate the process and schedule appointments as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. VITA exists to provide free tax assistance to many low-to-moderate income families across the country. Each year Home Start serves hundreds of VITA clients throughout San Diego County.
* Complete one (1) online IRS certification
* Escort volunteers to / from entrance lobby to / from Home Start offices.
* Retrieve materials clients drop off to lobby desk for Home Start VITA tax preparers.
* Return materials to lobby desk for clients to pick up.
* Ensure all volunteers sign in and maintain their timesheets.
* Assist phone screener, tax preparer and VITA Coordinator as needed
* Maintains confidentiality of client information.
* All client services will be provided remotely through drop off, phone or remote counseling. All voluteers will be providing client services from Home Start offices at the Jacobs Center. Home Start will provide all necessary training, equipment and resources required to provide services.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one full shift weekly. This can be completed in a full 8-hour shift or through a combination of 4-hour partial shifts. VITA services will be provided:
Tuesday through Friday 12PM-8PM (Partial- 12-4PM or 4-8PM)
Saturday 9AM-5PM (Partial- 9AM-1PM or 1PM-5PM)
**This program deals with confidential financial information and has several clearances that MUST be completed before a volunteer is confirmed.
* Must complete Home Start Volunteer required clearance / onboarding processes
* Must adhere to Home Start COVID-19 related policies & procedures
* Must pass online IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct Exam online and submit certification to Home Start Volunteer Program.
The VITA program is an essential service that helps low income San Diego County residents solely through the compassion and efforts of volunteers. Join the team - please email Volunteer Program Coordinator Manasi Watts with your interest today!
About Home Start Inc.
5005 Texas Street, #203, San Diego, CA 92108, US
Home Start exists to assure the safety and resiliency of children by strengthening families and their communities throughout San Diego.
volunteers for distribution events, recurring clerical volunteers, volunteers in the Thrift Boutique, etc.
Jacobs Center404 Euclid AveSan Diego, CA 92114
November 11, 2021
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 4 hour Virtual/in-person shift commitment weekly for 12-week program. (January-April 2022)
- Must complete IRS online training and Home Start clearance process.