Help families in Victoria Co. Support Volunteers Responding to Disasters(Start training before next
During each disaster relief operation there is a team who work behind the scenes taking care of the responding workforce. The team breaks down in to specialty tracks focused on each aspect of "human resource" type needs. You could chose from one (or more) of the following:
- Staff Planning & Support: Checks in/out responders from the operation, manages the volunteer database ensuring work locations and supervisors are accurate, and ensuring everyone who works at least 7 days receives an evaluation
- Lodging: Takes care of responders coming from more than 50 miles away ensuring that they have a safe place to sleep
- Staff Ambassadors: Welcome visiting responders at locations such as airports and hotels. Create the "good hello" for the team. May take on additional check-in responsibilities
- Staff Relations: Help intervene when conflicts between responders arise on the relief operations
- Local Community Volunteers: Help connect local Red Cross volunteers to the relief operation for either 2 week assignments or single shifts
- Disaster Event Based Volunteers: Recruits and Engages brand new volunteers to support the disaster relief operation to ensure the needs of the community are met
During the pandemic, most of these roles are virtual. The exception are the Staff Ambassadors and potentially some members of the Disaster Event Based Volunteer Team or the Volunteer Relations Team.
- Be comfortable using a computer including Microsoft Teams, Excel and learning a volunteer database
- For a virtual responders: have access a computer, phone and internet access
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to commit to at least one 14 day assignment during a large scale disaster response during hurricane season. During the assignment, days tend to be 8-12 hours long.
- When not responding to disasters: approximately 20 hours of training time and then a couple of hours per month to stay current.
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
1501 Red River Rd. A-1Victoria, TX 77901
November 17, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Disaster Response
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Be able to commit to at least one 14 day assignment during a large scale disaster response during hurricane season. During the assignment, days tend to be 8-12 hours long. When not responding to disasters: approximately 20 hours of training time and