4 people are interested
*URGENT! We need Mental Health Volunteers to respond Disasters(Start training before next
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
During each disaster relief operation there is a team who work behind the scenes taking care of the responding workforce. The team breaks down in to specialty tracks focused on each aspect of "human resource" type needs. You could chose from one (or more) of the following:
- Staff Planning & Support: Checks in/out responders from the operation, manages the volunteer database ensuring work locations and supervisors are accurate, and ensuring everyone who works at least 7 days receives an evaluation
- Lodging: Takes care of responders coming from more than 50 miles away ensuring that they have a safe place to sleep
- Staff Ambassadors: Welcome visiting responders at locations such as airports and hotels. Create the "good hello" for the team. May take on additional check-in responsibilities
- Staff Relations: Help intervene when conflicts between responders arise on the relief operations
- Local Community Volunteers: Help connect local Red Cross volunteers to the relief operation for either 2 week assignments or single shifts
- Disaster Event Based Volunteers: Recruits and Engages brand new volunteers to support the disaster relief operation to ensure the needs of the community are met
During the pandemic, most of these roles are virtual. The exception are the Staff Ambassadors and potentially some members of the Disaster Event Based Volunteer Team or the Volunteer Relations Team.
- Be comfortable using a computer including Microsoft Teams, Excel and learning a volunteer database
- For a virtual responders: have access a computer, phone and internet access
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to commit to at least one 14 day assignment during a large scale disaster response during hurricane season. During the assignment, days tend to be 8-12 hours long.
- When not responding to disasters: approximately 20 hours of training time and then a couple of hours per month to stay current.
We are so excited about our new the possibilities. Once you begin your application we can go to the next step and go over any questions, comments or concerns. At the American Red Cross we value the lifesaving skills you have to offer our communities. We also have bilingual opportunities available.
Let's begin your Journey and start your Red Cross application today by following this special link:
Once you have started your application let me know and so that we may complete your volunteer community application. Are you ready to start your journey with us...we will provide you with training and experiences of a lifetime! For more information, you may call, text me or email at your convenience. As your local Houston Recruiter I am here to support you in any way I can!
Take Care! #staysafe #stayhealthy ¡Cuídate! #mantenteseguro #mantentesaludable
All my best,
Sylvia Burle I Volunteer Services Senior Recruitment Specialist II
American Red Cross serving Texas Gulf Coast Region T: (361) 500-5027
American Red Cross 24-HOUR Disaster Line (866) 526-8300
T: (361) 500-5027 I E: email@example.com
FacebookITwitterIInstagramILinkedInI BlogI Redcross.org
23 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
2700 Southwest FreewayHoustonHouston, TX 77098
August 9, 2022
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Disaster Response
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Be able to commit to at least one 14 day assignment during a large scale disaster response during hurricane season. During the assignment, days tend to be 8-12 hours long. When not responding to disasters: approximately 20 hours of training time and