Disaster Spiritual Care Team Member - Pike County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Red Cross Disaster Spiritual Care team seeks to rebuild spiritual hope and confidence by offering support to individuals and communities affected by a disaster. The Spiritual Care team remains respectful and mindful of all cultural, religious, and spiritual traditions and faith beliefs. The team also provides attentive listening, a calming presence, and resources to foster healing and recovery from loss and devastation.
· Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values, and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
· Assist in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
· Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
· Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
· Must meet one of the following criteria:
· A disaster spiritual care provider in good standing in a National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) member organization
· A Board-certified chaplain
· A professional chaplain (paid or volunteer) and is endorsed by that organization
· An endorsed leader of a local faith community or organization
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=35003&h=193&p=1864067
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Pike CountyMilford, PA 18337
November 16, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must meet one of the following criteria: · A disaster spiritual care provider in good standing in a National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) member organization · A Board-certified chaplain · A professional chaplain