Support Military Families by Serving as a Family Hero Care Caseworker with the Red Cross!
This is a great remote volunteer opportunity if you live within the state of Pennsylvania!
Be a part of one of our great lines of service in Service to the Armed Forces! Help to fulfill the mission of ensuring families needs are met when faced with an emergency.
Some of the key responsibilities:
* Share Service to the Armed Forces information with military family who recently had a family member enlisted a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)
* Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
* Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
* Ability to work with or without supervision
* Able to work with culturally diverse populations
For more information go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3977&h=193&p=592563
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Lackawanna CountyScranton, PA 18508
December 3, 2021
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days a week 2-3 hours per day
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of