6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Harbor Hospice of Kingsville
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience that will make you stand out to employers? Become a volunteer for Harbor Hospice of Kingsville! You will learn all about hospice care, practice your bedside manner, patient communication skills, and even acquire experience in an office setting. Being a dedicated volunteer with Harbor Hospice will also be a valuable addition to your list of references!
If you would like to become a Harbor Hospice of Kingsville volunteer, please complete our online application today: Volunteer Application (formsite.com)
Any questions? Contact me:
Melissa Spencer, Volunteer Coordinator
Harbor Hospice of Kingsville, Texas
Here are some examples of the activities you can assist with:
- reading to a patient, or holding a hand
- staying with a patient while family members take a needed break or keep an appointment
- shopping or doing errands for a patient
- helping patients write or tell their life stories
- light household chores
- providing help with makeup and hair
- Veterans needed to honor Veteran patients at bedside/share stories together
- working on crafts or other projects
- clerical and other office duties
More opportunities with Harbor Hospice of Kingsville
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Harbor Hospice of Kingsville
213 W. Kleberg Ave., Kingsville, TX 78363, US
Volunteers are literally the heart of Harbor Hospice, providing a special kind of caring and compassion for our patients and their families. Every day, our volunteers make a difference in the lives of so many people. Whether they offer a listening ear to patients and families, assist with daily household activities for patients, provide grief support, serve as a companion to loved ones or share their personal expertise to help promote hospice care, the time given to Harbor Hospice families by our volunteers can be the most rewarding experiences of their lives. As a volunteer for Harbor Hospice's Patient Care Services, you "do good" every day. It takes a very special, caring person to give of themselves as unselfishly as our Harbor Hospice patient care volunteers.
Harbor Hospice is much more than a place. We are devoted to giving each family a gift when they need it most...quality of life for our patients when they are facing life's greatest challenge.
At Harbor Hospice our commitment to excellence is reflected in our core values. Conveying these values throughout the organization with excitement and passion by word and action is what drives us.
213 W. Kleberg Ave.Kingsville, TX 78363
October 7, 2022
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment for hospice volunteers varies, but usually 2 to 4 hours per month at minimum.
- We vet our volunteers the same way we vet our employees. A background check, TB screening, and drug screening is required. Orientation and training take about 8 hours.