5 people are interested
Volunteer Virtually with the Red Cross!
5 people are interested
The American Red Cross, Southeastern Pennsylvania (SEPA) Region has the following WORK FROM HOME "VIRTUAL" volunteer opportunities:
- Service to the Armed Forces Compassionate Contact Corp Volunteer: Volunteers utilize a quiet, private area to provide weekly virtual conversations (using phone, tablet, computer) with homebound Veterans or inpatients who are seeking to make a connection outside of their current environment.
- Service to the Armed Forces Regional Engagement Lead: The Department Volunteer Engagement Lead is responsible for overseeing the volunteer experience for volunteers serving in the department.
- Communications Writer/Blogger: Red Cross Bloggers and Feature Writers are a part of a creative content volunteer team that creates professionally-written content for news releases, media alerts, and regional platforms including blogs, social media feeds, websites and other outlets.
- Disaster Cycle Services Duty Officer (aka Dispatcher): Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses.
- Volunteer Services Red Cross Club Coordinator: Serves as the contact for clubs and ensures a link between the clubs and the local Chapters.
- Volunteer Services Regional Volunteer Engagement Lead: Supports departments to engage volunteers serving in the region, serving as a resource and helping to guide departments to understanding best practices for engaging volunteers.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles. Does not apply to virtual positions.
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 29, 2021
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training