Family Ambassador - Aurora
Service Description: The Family Ambassador volunteers are located at our front desk and are an integral part of keeping RMHC running on a daily basis. They are the first people our families, visitors and staff see when they enter RMHC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with guest families, volunteers, donors, staff, and other visitors politely and provide assistance with any questions, concerns or needs they may have
- Work cooperatively with Guest Service Associates to provide exceptional and compassionate care to guest families
- Answer phone calls professionally and direct to correct staff person
- Conduct House tours to volunteers, in-kind donors, and community members
- Assist with guest family check in and out and provide tours when necessary
- Accept, record and put away all in-kind donations
- Light clerical work (organize and sort mail/packages, light cleaning of welcome area, etc.)
- Complete volunteer cleaning and organizational tasks around the House when shifts are slow
Specific Skills Needed/Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Sensitivity to families in crisis
- Ability to take direction but also work independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods
- Basic computer skills, ability to answer the phone, operate basic office equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and a determination to take extra steps to meet families’ needs
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding family information
- Commitment to the Ronald McDonald House Mission
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older. All volunteers between the age of 14-17 must have a parent/guardian volunteer with them.
- Must commit to at least 6 months of service
- Must pass background check
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Reliable transportation to and from the House
- Shifts are 3 hours long (9a-12p, 12p-3p, 3p-6p, and 6p-9p) available 7 days a week. We are currently looking for volunteers for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- We are looking for volunteers who can volunteer on an ongoing schedule (the same shift every week or every other week). However, given our current environment, we can be flexible with scheduling.
Training and Support:
- Volunteers must attend an interview, training session and at least one shadowing shift prior to starting as a volunteer.
- Contact the Volunteer Manager at 720-382-7221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE: We have very few openings available for this opportunity. We are primarily looking for volunteers with Friday, Saturday or Sunday availability. All applicants will need to complete an interview to be considered.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver, Inc.
1300 E. 21st Avenue, Denver, CO 80205, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) corporation, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Its grassroots-driven programs offer help where children need it most - right in their own communities. RMHC makes an immediate, positive impact on children's lives through its global network of local Chapters in 52 countries and regions and its three core programs: the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. These programs provide a bridge to accessible health care and allow families more time together, which helps in the healing process. RMHC and its global network of local Chapters also have hundreds of millions of dollars in grants and program services to children's programs around the world.
Please note: We have two locations under RMHC-Denver, the Denver House and the Aurora House. Both houses have the same volunteer opportunities! RMHC-Denver does not accept volunteers looking to fulfill court ordered community service requirements and will not validate court sanctioned service hours.
932 Potomac CircleAurora, CO 80011
November 10, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shift, every week or every other week, for at least 6 months.
- All volunteers must wear a face mask at all times (regardless of vaccination status). Volunteers must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status. Volunteers between 14-17 must have an adult with them.