Help coordinate Free Smoke Alarm Installations in your community!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Cascades Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Red Cross responds to an average of two home fires per day in Oregon and SW Washington. To better prepare our communities, the Disaster Cycle Services program at the Red Cross started the Home Fire Campaign in 2014. The goal of the program was to reduce injuries and fatalities caused by home fires by offering free smoke alarm installations and disaster preparedness education to households nationwide.
The Home Fire Campaign Coordinator will play a crucial role in organizing the people and logistics of fulfilling community requests to the Home Fire Campaign. Working in tandem with the Preparedness Manager, the Home Fire Campaign Coordinator will gain a better understanding of Red Cross Disaster Cycle Services and experience in Program Management, Volunteer Engagement and Training Facilitation, and Community Outreach strategies.
* Coordinate requests coming from email and phone, set up installation appointments with households, populating a spreadsheet of pending and completed appointments.
* Support the onboarding, coordination and engagement of volunteer teams to fill appointment requests.
* Assist in training new volunteers.
* Support weekend event logistics for large scale campaigns, generally once per month.
* Additional opportunities for Community Outreach available to raise public awareness of the Home Fire Campaign services.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
* Comfort with public speaking.
* Interest in training facilitation.
* Passion in community outreach and volunteer engagement.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Powerpoint, MS Teams.
* Flexible schedule of 5-10 hours per week; generally one Saturday event per month.
* 6 month commitment, with ability to extend.
* Role will be based out of the Portland Red Cross Office (3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97217), but has opportunities for remote support after training.
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. The Home Fire Campaign Coordinator will help grow the outreach of the Home Fire Campaign by increasing volunteer engagement and direct service to the community.
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. The Red Cross workforce is made up of over 90% volunteers, meaning our mission is carried out by community members like yourself.
Multiple locations Tillamook, OR 97141
November 10, 2022
- General Education
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training