7 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Alliance for Military Women and Families, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is a part-time role that would be responsible for the full range of fund development activities for the organization. These activities include grant writing with public agencies, private foundations, corporations as well city and state funding opportunities. Specifically, this staff is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Additionally, fund development staff is also responsible for coordinating and implementing the organization’s annual event. Finally, there will be some involvement in advising on capital campaign efforts.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, Veterans Services, Intimate Partner Violence, Homelessness is a plus
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working with Veterans and the homeless population.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Remote work available
- Shelter/Transitional housing
About Alliance for Military Women and Families, Inc.
3005 Beaverwood Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20906, US
Alliance for Military Women and Families, Inc. is dedicated to being a provider of essential life resources for impoverished and homeless women and their families. We provide a safe-place that is nurturing, inspiring, comforting and motivating. Our goal is to assist former military women in transition from a state of need to the highest level of self-sufficiency and stability.
The Applicant was created to serve the impoverished and homeless women, who do not have a means to provide to their families, and who have not been able to incorporate themselves in society. The Applicant's activities will provide such women with guidance and assistance to give them an opportunity of establishing their lives and gaining financial independence. The activities will all be staffed with employees as well as volunteers. Funding permitting, the Applicant plans to retain a full-time coordinator to assist in providing the services and to coordinate the work of the volunteers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 11, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research
- Flexible weekly commimment.
- Some experience in grant writing preferred.