Encore Fellowship: CFO
Encore.org: Encore Fellowship Opportunity with JACCC
You are a seasoned professional with a minimum of 20+ years of experience, who is retired or in transition. You want to continue to work and want to do something with meaning. You are ready for a second act for the greater good.
Encore Fellowships are structured programs that place highly-skilled, experienced professionals into social-purpose organizations, where they help nonprofits build capacity, and ultimately, have a greater impact on their communities. Fellows commit to 1,000 hours of work over 6 to 12 months. They are paid a stipend of $20,000 and are integrated into the nonprofit’s leadership team.
About Japanese American Cultural & Community Center (JACCC)
JACCC is a legacy organization and a key focal point for the Little Tokyo Community. Across its 40-year history, it has served as a galvanizing location for community programs as well as an arts organization that teaches and celebrates traditional and modern Japanese culture. Their staff is an open-minded, inclusive group of passionate, multi-generational, multi-ethnic talent that seeks to innovate and celebrate the diversity of LA culture.
Encore Fellow CFO: Primary Role and Responsibilities
The Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the President and CEO as an advisor and thought partner responsible for all fiscal financial reporting, financial analysis, and management of outsourced bookkeeping.
- Supervise account, budget preparation and audit functions
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements
- Create and present financial reports for Board of Directors meetings
- Support grant writing activities by providing necessary financial reports
- Review planning process and suggest improvements to current methods
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing or elimination
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate planning and establish priorities
- Study long-range economic trends and project impact on future growth in sales and market share
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new program or service areas
- Oversee investment of funds and work with bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion
Encore Fellow Development: Key Skills Requirements
Key skills requirements include:
- Successful track record (25 years+) as senior finance professional
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Experience in implementing strategic and organizational growth plans
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative mindset and ability to generate new idea
- Accustomed to prioritizing, executing, and achieving results in lean environments; always ready to engage and lend a hand where needed
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- A belief in the mission of JACCC
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Account or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
About The Encore Fellowships Network
P.O. Box 29542, The Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
Encore.org is building a movement to tap the skills and experience of those in midlife and beyond to improve communities and the world.
About The Encore Fellowships Network
We match skilled, seasoned professionals with social purpose organizations in high-impact, paid transitional assignments.
Encore Fellowships bring new sources of talent to organizations solving critical social problems. In paid, time-limited roles, fellows deliver a high-impact project, learn about social purpose work and develop contacts and resources for the future.
Encore.org is spearheading efforts to engage millions of people in later life as a vital source of talent to benefit society. Our ultimate goal is to create a better future for young people and future generations.
Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90012
November 10, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 25+ years work experience