Could You Be a Technology Guide?
Provide hospitality and guide community members in the use of technology for achieving their personal, employment and educational goals through technological learning.
- Facilitate users’ sign-in, understanding of responsibilities for Seton Center computer use and completion of brief Before and After surveys to capture results of learning.
- Assist users to identify the areas of learning needed.
- Guide and/or instruct learners in the identified areas.
- Maintain a safe, organized and welcoming space in the Resource Room.
- Work collaboratively with other volunteers, staff or instructors.
- Report to a program manager after every session to submit surveys or share pertinent information/interactions to identify additional needs or concerns.
- Mid to Expert level IT knowledge, training, experience or education
- Teaching experience a plus
- Ability to relate technological jargon and processes in easily understandable terms
- Ability to serve as a team player and independently as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and compassion for learners and their needs
- Ability to observe and maintain appropriate boundaries with learners
About Seton Center, Inc.
226 East Lincoln Avenue, EMMITSBURG, MD 21727, US
Seton Center, Inc.’s mission is to work with our neighbors to build a hopeful future, in the Spirit of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, through a focus on the self-sufficiency and well-being of the whole person.
Seton Center, Inc. is a social service organization in northern Frederick County MD. We provide financial assistance for mortgage, rent, utility, clothing and medical expenses. We also offer the Seton Family Store (thrift shop), and case management, programs and services to guide and support client growth in the areas of life skills such as literacy, financial and health management.
We serve those living at the federal poverty AND/OR the ALICE (Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained, Employed) rate; those working for wages that do not support even the basic living expenses. We believe that each person is unique and should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of race, creed or financial status.
226 East Lincoln AvenueEmmitsburg, MD 21727
November 10, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- PC Platform
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week