Partner with an adult immigrant or refugee learning English. Meet new people from your community and work with them to build literacy skills and achieve their goals.
Sound like something you're interested in? Volunteer as an English tutor!
- No experience needed - we’ll provide all necessary training
- Time commitment is 2 to 3 hours once per week
- We will match you with a program in your neighborhood at a time that works for you
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer
Contact Wendy for more details: email@example.com, or fill out a volunteer interest form and we'll contact you with next steps: http://mnliteracy.org/volunteers/volunteer-interest-form
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week
- Training provided by Minnesota Literacy Council
- Support adults as they build...
- Math Tutor for Adults
- Teach English (ESL) to your...
- Teach Refugees and Immigrants in...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Teach English to Adult students...
- Mentor Adult Students
- Help children in your community...
- Community Outreach Intern
- Administrative Support for...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...