Partner with an adult immigrant or refugee learning English. Meet new people from your community and work with them to build literacy skills and achieve their goals.
Sound like something you're interested in? Volunteer as an English tutor!
- The time commitment is 2 - 3 hours once per week.
- Morning, afternoon and evening hours are available at locations throughout the metro area. We will match you with a program in your neighborhood.
- No previous experience necessary; training is provided.
- Only basic English skills needed.
- Volunteers must be 18 years old, or 16 if volunteering with a parent or guardian.
Contact Wendy for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out a volunteer interest form and we'll contact you with next steps: http://mnliteracy.org/volunteers/volunteer-interest-form
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week
- Training provided by Minnesota Literacy Council