3 people are interested
Meals on Wheels Delivery Driver
3 people are interested
Many people know Meals on Wheels as a food delivery service for the home-bound. However, what they don't know is how impactful the moments of contact between the volunteer and the recipient can be. For many seniors, the volunteer who drops off their meal is the only person they will see that day. The delivery isn't just about nourishment, it's about a valuable moment of human connection. And in turn, it's those moments of human connection that make volunteering so rewarding.
Sign up by completing our online application.Current Areas of Need
At this time, volunteers are needed everywhere in Macomb County. Volunteers are especially needed in Clinton Township, Eastpointe, New Haven, Roseville, Sterling Heights, and Warren. Those interested in volunteering can sign up using our online application.Volunteer Duties
- Complete new volunteer orientation
- Deliver meals two times per month
- Routes take approximately 60 minutes to complete
- Routes are driven Monday through Friday at lunchtime (generally delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
- Routes can be located close to a volunteer's home or work
- Holiday meals are delivered on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Emergency Preparedness Packs are delivered twice a year on Saturdays
- Have their own vehicle
- Have a valid driver's license and carry automobile insurance
- Pass a background check
- 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6, VerKuilen Building, Clinton Township, MI 48036, US
The mission of Macomb Community Action is persistent action to diminish poverty and promote independence. Macomb Community Action provides a network of comprehensive educational, economic and social services to Macomb County residents in need. In pursuit of this mission, our team of dedicated, compassionate staff and volunteers will continue to diminish the causes and effects of poverty.
Established in 1964, MCCSA is a Community Action Agency that provides a range of services to limited income citizens of Macomb County. MCCSA's programs include:
- Programs for people with emergency needs: Community Action Center services (emergency financial assistance) and the Macomb Food Program (emergency food)
- Programs for senior citizens: Meals on Wheels (home delivered meals), Dining Senior Style sites, Senior Citizen Chore Service (grass cutting/snow removal), Home Injury Control, Resource Advocacy, and Adult Day Services.
- Programs for children from limited income families: Head Start 0-5 that includes free preschool and services for pregnant women and children birth to 36 months
- Programs for limited income people of all ages: transportation services, Individual Development Account Program (first time home buyer down payment assistance), and Home Preservation / Energy (home weatherization), commodity food registration, and energy education, and free tax preparation
21885 Dunham Road, Ste. 6VerKuilen BuildingClinton Township, MI 48036
November 10, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training