Everyone can help others - Blood Donor Ambassadors needed in Gloucester
Help the Red Cross save lives by using your customer service skills. If you have a little free time and are a true "people person," the Red Cross has a great volunteer position for you.
About This Position
Are you a friendly, well-organized and enthusiastic person who can represent the Red Cross to our blood donors?
Volunteer blood donor ambassadors ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience, from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. During a blood drive, whether you’re greeting donors, answering questions or thanking them for their donation, your courtesy and professionalism will create a favorable impression that encourages ongoing donor support.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow and direct donors to registration
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Check if donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination, willingness to carry vaccination card to work assignments
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships - all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement.
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Gloucester, VA 23061
November 9, 2021
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Shift per Month. Average shift 5 Hours.