3 people are interested
Social Media Strategist (Remote)
3 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
You will be responsible for all the social media strategies, content calendar etc. You will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to meet brand objectives. This is a great opportunity to be part of our social media team with an aim to introduce new strategies and increased engagement.
Division or Department: Marketing & Communications
Position reports to: Social Media Manager
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
- Manage, and create, original, high-quality content
- Administer all social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content
- Liaise with writers, and graphic designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product development teams to create social 'buzz’ regarding new product launches
- Collaborate with Fundraising team to implement ongoing campaigns on social media
- Proven work experience as a social media strategist
- Hands-on experience using social media for brand awareness and content amplification
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Understands how social media platform operates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- At least 7-10 hours per week