5 people are interested
Social Media Graphic Designer (Remote)
5 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
You will be responsible for creating all the social media assets, consistent with our brand message. If you have a creative way of thinking and of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels, we would like to make you part of our team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our social media team with an aim to increase engagement.
Division or Department: Marketing & Communications
Position reports to: Social Media Manager
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various social media channels
- Create compelling and effective assets for social media
- Ability to think creatively within the constraints of a brief and ADC guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders across functions & teams and deliver results within the agreed timelines
- Finish designs to a highly-detailed, professional level
- Work cross functionally with all team members
- To be successful in this position, you’ll have to be a self-starter capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas and show amazing attention to detail
- Proficient with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InDesign, Adobe XD, Figma and After Effects
- Has the eye for detail and ability to conceptualise
- Knowledge about copyright in Digital Media
- Should be an independent thinker and a strong eye for visual composition
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic design
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- At least 7-10 hours per week