2 people are interested
SEO Specialist (Remote)
2 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
You will be responsible for developing a content strategy to boost SEO. You will develop and implement a monthly editorial calendar. This is a great opportunity to be part of our SEO team with an aim to introduce new strategies and increased engagement on our website.
Division or Department: Marketing & Communications
Position reports to: SEO & SEM Team Lead
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Deliver and drive a holistic strategy for the improvement of organic search ranking and the maximization of ROI for ADC blog & main website
- Understand customer pain points, needs & wants to drive the SEO strategy toward addressing them
- Perform market research, keyword research and competitor research, select and prioritize keywords to attract a qualified target audience
- Initiate content orders and page concepts to match high value & high conversion traffic
- Monitor and analyze SEO statistics & search appearance- regularly analyze ranking reports & other data sources and make analytical decisions and content optimization accordingly
- Work closely with product development, marketing, content, web dev and other teams to properly implement SEO best practices in all their daily work and to build acquisition optimization plans for conversion rate optimization
- Keep pace with news from the world of nonprofits and of course SEO on the latest innovations, tools, and techniques
- Technical on-site optimisations
- Liaising with publishers and external agencies to build quality backlinks
- You’re a visionary - you align with the company’s long-term vision and can zoom out to see the big picture equally well as you can zoom in to executing specifics
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of successful on and off-page SEO techniques, and best practice keyword research
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- You can categorise content initiatives into objective-driven buckets - branding, acquisition, growth, etc
- Tools like these are not new to you - SEMRush/Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Campaign URL builder, etc
- Deep understanding of factors about link-building & offsite SEO best practices
- Experience with localization and writing for a global audience
- Outstanding knowledge of technical SEO
- Experience with Wordpress
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- At least 7-10 hours per week