The Training Officer reports to the Operations Officer and is responsible for the administration of training and instruction of cadets and adult leaders, the implementation of the unit training plan, and the completion of courses and exams using Polaris.
- Responsible for the training of Training Department personnel so that training activities continue in the event of your absence
- Maintain a complete and accurate record of individual cadet training and advancement status
- Be designated the primary point of contact for the Division for the Navy Advancement Center with regard to the grading and status of Navy correspondence courses
- Initiate and prepare for proper endorsement, all requests for NSCC Cadet and Officer Training Authority (NSCTNG 001 and NSCTNG 002)
- Establish and maintain a liaison with the supporting activity to ensure availability of educational materials, training aids, and classrooms, and for the timely administration of examinations for advancement in rate.
- Seek and recruit, on either a temporary or permanent basis, qualified adult personnel to act as instructors for any or all phases of cadet training
- Qualify and monitor the performance of all instructor personnel, regardless of status, to ensure compliance
- Interface with the Administrative Officer and Personnel Officer for the updating of training data in the personnel jackets and issuance of training orders
- Conduct regularly scheduled Planning Board for Training (PB4T) with Operations Officer and senior petty officers to establish and maintain training goals throughout the year
- Responsible for training and instruction of cadets and adult leaders
- Work with cadets on their advancements, correspondence courses, and both recruit and advanced training preparation
- Responsible for unit training plan and the correspondence of course management for both officers and cadets
- Responsible for the petty officer examination program
- Assign cadets to divisions, departments, squads, companies, or work centers
About Marvin Shields Division
10819 Breaking Rocks Drive, Tampa, FL 33647, US
MARVIN SHIELDS DIVISION IS A UNIT WITHIN THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SEA CADET CORPS (USNSCC), A YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SPONSORED BY THE U.S. NAVY. OUR MISSION IS TO BUILD LEADERS OF CHARACTER. WE DO SO BY OFFERING AMERICA’S YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN HANDS-ON AND EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NAVY AND ITS SISTER SERVICES, IN ORDER TO INSTILL THE HIGHEST IDEALS OF HONOR, RESPECT, COMMITMENT, AND SERVICE.
Marvin Shields Division is a Tampa Bay based unit of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, a leadership development nonprofit for young people, ages 10 through 17. Sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and supported by both the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard, our passionate all-volunteer force leads our units. Every year our cadets participate in training opportunities such as scuba, field and medical training, photojournalism, military police science and sailing. When cadets join the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, they embark upon a path of lifelong leadership. The program will teach them how to lead groups of their peers successfully and will also inspire them to become leaders in their schools and communities.
4004 Airport RoadPlant City, FL 33563
November 8, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum 20 Hours/Month