Make a Difference to Hospice Patients
Do you have a calling to make a difference to patients at the end-of-life?
Compassus Hospice is looking for compassionate, dedicated volunteers to:
- make phone calls to patients and caregivers,
- visit patients, providing emotional support and companionship,
- provide support and relief to caregivers,
- make a difference in the administrative offices (Metairie and Mandeville).
About Compassus Hospice
1301 W Causeway Approach, Mandeville, LA 70471, US
Compassus Hospice is committed to delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families, and educating the public about hospice.
Compassus Hospice celebrated 15 years in 2021. It has over 200 locations in 30 states. The pillars are Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Quality and Service.
Compassus' philosophy includes:
- recognizing death as a natural part of the life cycle and promoting pain relief and symptom management as appropriate clinical goals.
- affirming life and providing hospice interventions that will seek neither to hasten death nor to postpone it.
- believing that patients and loved ones are an integral part of the plan of care.
Multiple locations Metairie, LA 70001
November 9, 2021
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours a week, depending on the assignment you choose
- You must be reliable, able to provide your own transportation, be organized and communicate well via phone/ text/ email.