Fundraise to increase advocacy for older Coloradans!
Do you want to "raise the voice" of older Coloradans and see them thrive, through fundraising efforts?
The Colorado Center for Aging helps to "raise the voices of older Coloradans" through many means and in many forums. We need to fundraise through sponsorships, increased membership, grants, and by any other means to help raise that voice!
Fundraising Team members may serve in various roles, dependent upon their gifts and passions. They may serve in roles which are relational (being a contact/liaison to orgs, companies, or members), or a creative role (event planning), a research/writing role (grant applications), or maintenance (maintaining accounts, etc.). Collectively they plan strategically for diversified streams of income in order to ensure CCA's financial solvency and the continued raising of the voice!
If you want to see the older adult community of Colorado thrive then this is your opportunity! Whatever skill-set you bring you can play that vital role!
About Colorado Center for Aging
PO Box 102662, Denver, CO 80250, US
"Raising the Voice of Older Coloradans!" VISION - A Colorado where all older adults have full inclusion, appreciation, and respect, giving their voice and being heard on the ranges of issues which will increase their own thriving, and well-being of all Coloradans. MISSION - To seek, create, and provide forums for voices of older Coloradoans to be heard in meaningful and impactful ways, so as to create and sustain the age-friendly community which they, and we all, seek.
The Colorado Center for Aging (CCA) is currently made up of and supported by:
- 1200 Supporters (receiving our weekly eNewsletters)
- 200 Members (engaged in topics and issues concerning older Coloradoans)
- 50 Weekly Participants (of our Advocacy Committee Meetings and involved in Research Subcommittees)
- A Board of Directors (of 8), and an Advisory Team (4) all with sound experience and knowledge in serving older Coloradoans
- An Executive Director, and Communications Specialist
- Thoughtful, researched policy positions on approximately 40 pieces of legislation per year (approximately 2000 pieces in its 40 year history), done by members serving on 18 different research topic-groups.
- Trainings in advocacy and political process to approximately 50 citizens/year (approximately 1100 advocates trained in the 25 year history of that program).
- At least one day of advocacy, visibility, and relationship-building with legislators at the State Capitol each year of around 200 older Coloradoans.
- Regular Webinars on issues facing older Coloradoans, given by local and regional experts.
- A weekly eNewsletter comprised of information and article references on issues which are of great interest to older Coloradoans.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 8, 2021
- Financial Planning
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- 6 hours/month.