Use your communication skills to help tell the Red Cross story (Tri Cities)
We Are The American Red Cross - Sleeves Up. Hearts Open. All In.
Red Cross Bloggers and Feature Writers are a part of a creative content volunteer team that creates professionally-written content for news releases, media alerts, and regional platforms including blogs, social media feeds, websites and other outlets.
- Follow the Communications calendar to research, perform interviews, write and post blog stories within deadlines. Blog posts are typically 300-500 words and must be cleared by regional communications staff.
- Write human interest stories that highlight the work of volunteers, leaders, donors, disaster victims, etc. Feature stories are typically 500-1,000 words and may require telephone interviews or face-to-face interviews.
- Develop other written materials such as press releases, presentations, editorials, messaging, speeches, and newsletters. Bank "evergreen" stories for use at a later time.
- Strong writing, editing, research and interpersonal skills.
- Must be familiar with basic computer operations and have the ability to upload content to the blog or by email remotely.
- Authentic, creative, funny and engaging storyteller.
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various locations in Benton and Franklin CountyRichland, WA 99352
November 8, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum time commitment. Hours will be determined by number and types of stories written.