Be a TALK TIME FACILITATOR for Fairwood Library and help people in your community practice English!
Help people in your community practice their conversational English skills! The goal of Talk Time is to generate conversation between English Language Learners. This is so learners can practice speaking from their current level of skill.
Your role as a volunteer will be as a facilitator, not a teacher. Teaching reading, writing or grammar is not required. Instead, you will plan and assist in discussion activities.
Talk Time volunteers must be Washington State residents and at least 18 years old.
Volunteers will need a personal laptop or computer with reliable internet access. This equipment is needed to participate on the Zoom platform. They also must be comfortable using the basic tools in Zoom.
2-3 hours, 1 day per week
How to Apply
Volunteers must complete:
- an online application,
- interview and class observation,
- Washington State Patrol criminal history check, and
- volunteer agreement forms.
Applications are reviewed on an as-needed basis.
Fill out an online Talk Time application.
01:00 PM to 02:30 PM
Sessions are on Tuesdays
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About King County Library System
Service Center, 960 Newport Way NW, Issaquah, WA 98027, US
The mission of the King County Library System is to provide free, open and equal access to ideas and information to all members of the community.
KCLS is a public library system, with more than 40 locations throughout King County.
Fairwood Library17009 140th Ave SERenton, WA 98058
November 8, 2021
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week; minimum 6 month commitment preferred.
- Volunteers will need a personal laptop or computer with reliable internet access. This equipment is needed to participate on the Zoom platform. They also must be comfortable using the basic tools in Zoom.