Seeking Pro Bono Expertise: Warehouse Capacity Planning
PROJECT NAME: FOODRx Warehouse Capacity Planning Pro Bono Volunteer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will assist the Programs Business Analyst and FOODRx Operations team by providing warehouse management analysis and consultation. Key deliverables include quantifying the current physical space utilization as well as expected future-state utilization based on projected program growth. Additionally, the volunteer will be asked to recommend process improvements and help the team align to broader SHH warehouse management SOPs. If projected growth necessitates additional warehouse space, a written proposal requesting the new allotment will be required.
- Collaborate with the FOODRx Operations team to understand and quantify the current state of warehouse space utilization.
- Recommend process improvements to optimize warehouse utilization.
- Consider the needs of key stakeholders when providing recommendations, including the FOODRx Operations team, SHH Food Bank Operations team, FOODRx Program Manager, and Programs Business Analyst.
- Assist FOODRx team in aligning to broader SHH warehouse management SOPs.
- Translate projected growth of the FOODRx program into future warehouse space requirements.
- If projected warehouse space required exceeds current allotment, draft a written proposal to the SHH Food Bank Operations team articulating the results of the analysis and requesting additional warehouse space.
- Experience in inventory management, logistics, or demand planning.
- Knowledge of data analysis and basic forecasting techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience writing business proposals preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Project start date: November/December 2021
- Project completion date: January/February 2022
- Days of the week: Approximately 5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Time of the day: 8 AM - 4:30 PM with the possibility for remote work outside those hours
- Work site: Mixed onsite at Second Harvest Heartland Brooklyn Park and remote. Will need to be onsite for onboarding and warehouse visit in week 1 with flexibility for remote work thereafter.
To express interest: Visit the opportunity on our portal, https://volunteer.2harvest.org/need/detail/?need_id=638271 and click on "Respond"
Questions? Reach out to Kelly Mortvedt, email@example.com
About Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave No., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, US
The mission of Second Harvest Heartland is to end hunger through community partnerships. At Second Harvest Heartland, our volunteer partners do more than enrich our work, they ground us to our mission of ending hunger together. We integrate volunteers into all aspects of creating and delivering solutions that will free our neighbors of hunger.
More than a food bank, Second Harvest Heartland is a leading partner in the policies and programs that work to end hunger, like SNAP, school meals and senior nutrition programs, and we’re an innovator in the areas where food can be the solution, like FOODRx and Minnesota Central Kitchen.
Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States. Membership means access to millions of pounds of surplus food and grocery donations from manufacturers and producers throughout the country.
Working with our network of partners, volunteers and donors as well as people like you, our 90,000+ square feet of dry, refrigerator and freezer space is constantly accepting and distributing donations. Our fleet of trucks travels nearly half a million miles a year, picking up food donations and delivering them to local food shelves, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, senior community centers and children's after school programs. Each year we distributed more than 100 million meals to our partners in hunger-relief. Learn more at 2harvest.org.
Click here to visit our volunteer portal www.volunteer.2harvest.org and view all available opportunities.
7101 Winnetka Ave NBrooklyn Park, MN 55428
November 8, 2021
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
- Market Research / Analysis
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 5 hours/week over the course of 5-8 weeks