5 people are interested
Website Developer | Military Youth Program
ORGANIZATION: Marvin Shields Battalion
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
- Check for opportunities to improve speed
- Check images for correct sizing and formatting
- Develop XML Sitemap and submit, if possible
- Enter meta tags, titles, descriptions
- Enter alt texts on images
- Establish and implement plan to improve our SEO rank
- Identify and fix website user concerns
- Update/Create new pages as needed
This position is for someone who would like to potentially volunteer on a regular basis (about one weekend a month) and become an officer. Officers are volunteer leaders committing to support the mission of the unit and wear authorized Navy uniforms.
A volunteer must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, free of felony convictions, possess good moral character, a sound mind, and be capable of credibly communicating USNSCC values to our cadets. Each adult will undergo a background investigation during the enrollment process.
Military Benefits, if applicable
- Reserve Drill Time and/or Drill Time Points
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Impact the lives and careers of our youth
- Participate in fun events like (mock medical disasters, SEAL training, live firefighting, FBI crime scene investigation, and so much more)
- Make strong professional community connections
- Develop military bearing if you are unfamiliar
- Participate in an array of community service activities
More opportunities with Marvin Shields Battalion
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Marvin Shields Battalion
733 Knowles Rd, Brandond, FL 33511, US
Our mission is to build leaders of character. We do so by offering America's young men and women hands-on and experiential training in partnership with the Navy and its sister services, in order to instill the highest ideals of honor, respect, commitment, and service.
The Marvin Shields Battalion is a Tampa Bay, Florida based unit of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps (USNSCC), a leadership development nonprofit for young people, ages 10 through 17. Sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and supported by both the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard, our passionate all-volunteer force leads our units. Every year our cadets participate in training opportunities such as scuba, field and medical training, photojournalism, military police science and sailing. When cadets join the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, they embark upon a path of lifelong leadership. The program will teach them how to lead groups of their peers successfully and will also inspire them to become leaders in their schools and communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 25, 2022
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Web Design / UX
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Graphic Design
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 8 Hours/Month