Connect Social Media Content Specialist Intern
The ideal Connect Social Media Content Specialist Intern will be an avid and teachable student who has some technical experience, is comfortable with Windows-based and Apple-based devices and machines and has strong communication skills.
This position requires an exceptional attention span to simultaneously monitor computer applications, follow the events without distraction, and effectively communicate with other team members and broadcast clientele.
- On-site training
- Weekly Stipend
- Mandatory shift is 5-6 hours on Sundays (9am - 1pm) and about 2-3 hrs. (Typically 6pm - 9pm) for one day (Thursday, Friday, or Saturday TBA) a week for creating content and uploading to social media. Interns can work as many shifts during a week as available under 20 hours.
- COVID-safe environment
- Applicants must live within a 30-45-minute drive to Decatur, GA.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows OS
- Extensive social media skills (use of various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube)
- Basic network troubleshooting knowledge
- Open availability (must be available Sundays, flexible on weekends (1 day for rehearsals and some holidays - Christmas and Easter Resurrection for play productions and concerts)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A collaborative team player with excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong digital and social marketing skills.
- Get familiar with client’s scope of work and act daily on all open tasks
- Keep profiles and all information current for client's social media base
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify all system components are in working order before and during events
- Communicate to lead staff before events to verify system setup
- Operate the Media Shout & camera system during events
- Relay system issues to support staff for repair or replacement
- Quickly process feedback from the system and adjust in real-time
- Work well under pressure and complete tasks on time
- Follow daily checklists and other written procedures
- Creative spark - assists the CEO with the ability to design, create and deliver customized marketing proposals/presentations, digital graphics, banners, e-mails, and other digital marketing assets
- Determine the best shooting angle and make sure that the camera stays in focus.
- Have good working knowledge of all camera systems, lens, support equipment and accessories.
- Basic understanding of cameras, stage lighting and live streaming terminology a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job.
Why You'll Love working as an Intern with Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
- This position serves both ConnectsportsATL, INC/ Connect Church events. Duties for ConnectsportsATL, INC cover mostly summer and/or spring events and duties for Connect Church are year-round by semesters (May 30 - July 31), (Aug 1 - Dec 31) and (Jan 10 - May 29).
- Unpaid personal time off available after intern has worked 8 scheduled days without absences
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
About CONNECT SPORTS ATL
PO BOX 372462, DECATUR, GA 30037, US
ConnectSportsATL is an outreach program that aims to produce young men and women of integrity and character, bring families together and provide parent resources by teaching youth life and leadership skills thru Sports, Fitness, Education, Mentoring and Mental Health programs.
ConnectSportsATL was founded by Tez Andrews in 2010 to offer youth ages K5- 9th grade the opportunity to participate in recreational sports leagues.
Participants receive guidance from trained and experienced coaches who utilize a proven structured curriculum. During the season, youth are engaged in healthy competition, and receive positive reinforcement from all involved in the program. We believe it takes a village to raise a child, so we have committed our efforts to working within our local community to help produce young men and women of integrity and character. In the past, several community organizations and individuals partnered with Connect Sports to provide complimentary eye exams, finance, parenting and fitness classes and other resources to parents.
All volunteers and coaches undergo background checks before serving in the ConnectSportsATL League.
ConnectSportsATL Basketball and Cheerleading League provides a positive sports experience for every child and makes the most of your family’s time and money.
3532 Covington HighwayDecatur, GA 30032
November 6, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Customer Service
- Mobile Programming
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Video Production
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Mandatory shift is 5-6 hours on Sundays (9am - 1pm) and about 2-3 hrs. (Typically 6pm - 9pm) for one day (Thursday, Friday, or Saturday TBA) a week for creating content and uploading to social media. Interns can work as many shifts during a week as
- • Applicants must live within a 30–45-minute drive to Decatur, GA.