Social Media Manager
Alonesy, a 501(c) nonprofit, is seeking two volunteers to take on the task of developing our social media footprint. Alonesy wants passionate and dedicated interns to build our brand and help our company reach its targeted audiences. The role of Social Media is crucial in nonprofits such as Alonesy to expand our influence so more struggling teenagers can be helped, especially during times like the pandemic. We want someone who can create interesting, eye-catching designs. Being able to optimize our impact on our targeted age group is the pinnacle skill for this position.
- Previous experience managing social media accounts is preferred but not strictly required. However, some background in social media is required.
- Preferred volunteers for this position have data analyst skills such as tracking and understanding social media trends and their effects on teenagers.
- A background or experience with graphic design is a plus, but again, not required.
- Any previous experience should be clearly documented, including the name of the social media account, account’s growth under your leadership, and examples of your work, if possible.
If interested please apply at: https://www.alonesy.org/volunteer.
This position will remain entirely remote even when COVID-19 restrictions are fully lifted.
About Alonesy Inc
PO Box 18272, Richmond, VA 23226, US
Alonesy aims to provide free mentoring services to struggling teenagers through an online platform.
Founded by Jack Bowers as a senior in high school, Alonesy is one of the only providers of free online mentoring services. Currently, many adolescents are not seeking support due to stigma, lack of accessibility, and monetary constraints. Alonesy was created to bridge the gap between upper and lower class individuals to ensure that every person in need has access to support.
Unlike a crisis hotline, Alonesy prides itself on providing ongoing mentoring services. Mentors meet with individuals on a weekly basis and check in via text throughout each week.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 29, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Media / Blogging
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Flexible; 2-10 hours per week.
- Previous social media experience. US based.