WE NEED YOU - Help Support Veterans Around the Holidays
The Adopt-A-Family (AAF) Team Support Volunteer is an integral part of the Adopt-A-Family program ensuring all HUD/VASH Veterans receive the holiday support their family needs. Without volunteers fulling these critical roles many service members and veterans would not be able to be served each year. This position requires a dynamic and passionate individual able to work in a fast paced and stressful December holiday environment, working under a holiday deadline. It is our goal to service every eligible family who is need this holiday season. You can be a part of making that happen and changing lives of our service members and veterans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for screening the HUD/VASH Veterans applicant paperwork
- Responsible for contacting applicants by phone and email to gather any missing documents and to verify contact/shipping information
- Responsible for contacting Caseworkers that are involved with the applicants to get the approved paperwork
- Responsible for ensuring all required documentation is uploaded into the database and approving applicants for adoption
- Responsible for following up with families ensuring contact has been made with adopting Team Angel or Business Angels
- Request tracking information for packages reported missing or late from Team Angels and or Business
- Highly organized
- Excellent Microsoft Office with proficient Excel and data input skills
- Able to work in a high stress and deadline oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals
About Soldiers' Angels - Cincinnati
Cincinnati VA Hospital, 3200 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45220, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the men and women of the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, their families, and a growing veteran population. In addition to providing support to the Cincinnati VA Hospital.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 1, 2021
- Customer Acquisition
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking