1 person is interested
Give the Gift of Time. Volunteer as a Disaster Recovery Caseworker.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The holiday season is a time for festivities and family. It’s also a time for giving. This year, you can give a meaningful gift that helps people through some of life’s toughest moments. From helping people impacted by disasters, like home fires and floods, to supporting lifesaving blood donations, you can make a difference. The need for volunteers remains critical and constant during the holiday season.
Consider giving the gift of time with our Recovery Client Care Program team.
Recovery Client Care Program Service Associate
The Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources. The Client Care Program Service Associate supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care (case management system).
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care
- Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals
- Provide Community Referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total)
- 4-8 hours/week
- Services may be provided in person or virtually
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Ability to stand and/or sit for two-hour periods
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person
- Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing
- Valid Driver’s License (required for Divisional and National Deployments)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 9 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
Questions? Contact Alaina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-509-0510
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Mauston, WI 53948
November 22, 2022
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours/week. Services may be provided in person or virtually
- Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer