3 people are interested
Help Support Low-Income Families through English-to-Spanish Translation
3 people are interested
CentroN ía seeks a translator to aid in the preparation of bilingual documents such as newsletters and family and employee resources by accurately converting written materials from English into Spanish. On occasion, the translator would also be asked to p roofread and edit Spanish-language draft texts.
CentroNía’s mission is to educate children and youth and strengthen families in a bilingual, multicultural environment. Our organization continually provides affordable, high-quality early childhood education; professional development for early childhood educators; and family support services to more than 2,400 children and families from primarily low-income, working households.
CentroN ía is a not-for-profit public charity recognized by the IRS under 501(c)(3) EIN 25-1689720.
The Translator will be part of our Development & Communications Team and will collaborate with the team to support meaningful communication with our friends, supporters and partners. So, your fluency in both written and oral communications and translations in both English and Spanish will be crucial in this role.
- Volunteer remote position (when required, 5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible hours
- Reports to Director of Development & Communications
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as an English-to-Spanish translator or Spanish-language writer/editor
- Ability to read and write fluently in English and Spanish
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to provide precise translations on deadline
- Dedication to safeguarding confidential information
- Willingness to consult specialist reference books, dictionaries, and thesauruses for language in specialized subject areas (e.g., early childhood education, legal, finance) as needed
HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
1420 Columbia Road, NW
Washington DC, 20009
Tel. (202) 332-4200
1420 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC 20009, US
Educating children and youth, and strengthening families, in a bilingual, multicultural environment
CentroNía is a nationally recognized, award-winning educational organization providing affordable, high-quality early childhood education; professional development to educators; and family support services to nearly 2,400 low-income children, youth, and families with programs in the District of Columbia metropolitan region.
Founded over 30 years ago, CentroNía is a multicultural learning community with a pioneering approach to bilingual education. Our holistic approach ensures that the children and families we serve receive the support and encouragement they need to succeed academically, develop a strong sense of community, and live a healthy and active life. CentroNía's services include award-winning and nationally accredited early learning programs; family support services; a school meals program that is recognized by the USDA and Michelle Obama; and out of school time programs that create opportunities for learning after school and over the summer.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 5, 2021
- Volunteer remote position (when translation is needed, perhaps 5-10 hours/week, flexible)