DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Community Representative- Snohomish County WA
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Alzheimer's Association Community Representatives are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer’s Association services.
*Please note due to COVID-19 some restrictions are in place at this time. Please talk with your Alzheimer's Association staff partner to discuss the restrictions and requirements in place for safety.
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association at a target of 12 community events / year in neighborhoods, rural counties, business and civic organizations or faith communities.
- Offer 20-minute Introduction to Alzheimer’s presentations for community organizations, congregations, civic organizations, sororities / fraternities, clubs and other locations.
- Promote support groups, education programs, Alzheimer & Brain Awareness Month, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media and physical displays in your community.
- Connect the Alzheimer's Association to new community organizations and connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities.
- Self-motivated individual that is comfortable reaching out to individuals, organizations and families in need and connecting them to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfort with computers and email.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 18 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Community Representatives commit to appearing at a target of 12 events annually.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias while serving your local community.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts. Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer's Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
About Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
19031 33rd ave W, Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Serving 47 counties in Washington and North Idaho, the Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter is the premier resource in the Pacific Northwest for people impacted by Alzheimer's disease and all other dementia. Through five local offices and a network of dedicated volunteers, our Chapter offers a broad range of care and support services, education and advocacy, as well as funding for Alzheimer’s and dementia research.
Multiple locations Snohomish, WA 98290
September 27, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2hrs per month. Could vary from month to month. Flexible with your schedule.